Presentations promoting women
through the stories
of successful women scientists
particularly the story of Sofya
first woman to obtain a PhD in
????? Answering the Questions ????
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE A RESPECTED
SCIENTIST AND TEACHER
IF YOU ARE A WOMAN IN A CULTURE THAT DOESN'T SUPPORT YOUR
WHAT METHODS AND ATTITUDES PROMOTE SUCCESS
WHAT ARE THE PITFALLS ?
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES ?
WHAT ARE THE JOYS ?
SOME PAST SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS
- Nov 2005 -- Women Entrepreneurs. Albuquerque. A one hour
presentation on Kovalevskaya.
- October 2005 -- New Mexico Network for Women in Science and
Engineering. A half hour presentation on Kovalevskaya.
- September 2005 -- Greater Albuquerque Chamber of Commerce.
Exhibit booth with powerpoint presentation on Kovalevskaya.
- August of 2005 -- Women Count conference. Albuquerque, NM.
Brief presentation on Kovalevskaya.
- September 2004. Eastern New Mexico University. Portales.
Kovalevskaya and women in mathematics.
- September 2004 -- Cannon Air force Base. NM. Writing of
biography using the Kovalevskaya book as reference.
- September 2004 --Women in Higher Education Seminar. Clovis NM.
Community College. Sponsored by Title V Grant. Useful approaches
for minorities entering the sciences using Kovalevskaya life
experiences as a starting point.
PRESENTATIONS TAILORED TO YOUR